Santa's Little Helper



Aaaaah Christmas time. I don't know about you, but something about all the OTT decorations everywhere really grates my carrot. It starts earlier & earlier each year - this year our local Checkers hauled out the decorations in October - and it inevitably ends up with you feeling like a rat. Trapped that is.

Not only does everything at work need to be wrapped up before the glorious measly 2 weeks off, but you have to somehow scrounge up Christmas presents for friends and family. Preferably good ones. Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I mind giving (and I certainly don't mind receiving...), I just hate the stress that comes with having to get everybody something all at once. Because it usually ends up with me speedracing through the mall a few days before Christmas, searching frantically for acceptable (non-budget breaking) gifts and trying to avoid the sweaty masses all around me as far as possible. Not really my idea of a relaxing time!

Am I the only one who feels this way?

4 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Ah I totally agree with you. I know it's already the begining of Dec, but I'm still not in the spirit to start purchasing gifts. I like all my gifts to have a purpose to them and thought so I hate going to the mall and just seeing people filling their carts with "stuff".

I just wanted to thank you for sending those positive thoughts my way last week. It's been a rough couple of days, but all of the support has been amazing. Thanks!

Heather said...

That is such a cool photo. Hmm, I might steal the idea for one of my lookbook post. :)

http://underfundedheiress.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Oh, and yeah, I hear ya. The holidays can be stressful but they shouldn't be! I'm tight on money right now so I'm stressed about buying gifts.

http://underfundedheiress.blogspot.com/

Marisa said...

Well, I bit the bullet, hit the mall on Saturday and got all my shopping done! What a relief.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux