Goo Goo, Ga Ga?



TheHusband and I have been thinking a lot about kids lately. As in having them. This wasn't brought on by our recently becoming godparents of an awesome little boy. Although I will say if anyone can make you broody, it's that kid. The broody part we've got down pat.

What I've come to realise though is that being broody is not enough. It's not a good reason for having a child and it certainly is no guarantee of good parenting skills. Being a parent, and a good parent at that is something that you can never really fully prepare for. And yet it's the one thing that you should aim to be most prepared for. It means reading books, getting advice, sorting yourself out. Profound, right? I know. Because let's face it, no-one wants a screwed up parent.

It also means growing up. Something I've recently discovered I still have a lot of to do. In the meantime, I'm there for you little B*, 100%. But future-kid, your mom still has a lot to learn before she can welcome you into this world.

*for future reference: little B = our godson. Yes I realise it sounds like something straight out of Gossip Girl. What can I say? xoxo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux