Ten Things about Parenthood


So uh... yeah I've been kinda scarce lately. A lot has happened, the most significant of which is that TheHusband and I procreated. Which made me think back over the last few months of (mostly) blissful parenthood.
  1. Time flies. Seriously. I feel like I barely blinked and A's first birthday is already looming just around the corner. 
  2. You don't know shit. Everything you thought you knew about having kids? Yeah, for the most part scratch all that. 
  3. You cannot comprehend the level of zombie you will rapidly attain in the first few weeks, until you are there. And when you're there, you probably won't have enough wits about you either to comprehend the severity of the situation. 
  4. You won't be able to describe the immensity of the love you feel for your child. It is unreal. As much as I thought I would love my kid (and believe me, through almost two years of trying to conceive I thought about that a *lot*), it doesn't even come close to how I feel now. 
  5. The statement "your life won't ever be the same" is the understatement of the century. In all the good ways and also in some not-so pleasant ways. 
  6. In many ways, being a parent is a lot easier than it looks from the outside. In other ways, it is the scariest thing you'll ever have to do. 
  7. It still hasn't quite hit me that I am now a mom. Yes, I have a baby and I do all the things you'd expect a mom to do, but identifiying as a mom? For some reason that part still eludes me. I wonder when it'll hit me?
  8. It's a cliche, but I suddenly appreciate everything my mom did and still does for me. 
  9. I secretly enjoy it when A wakes up in the middle of the night and I get to squeeze in some more cuddle time. Well, for the most part I enjoy it. 
  10. I judge other parents all the time. Yep, I shouldn't, but I do. Hey, they probably judge me too! Bastards. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux