Co-Dependancy


It's amazing how you only realize how dependant you are on someone when they are not with you everyday. There are so many people like this - my parents, my friends (who don't live in the same town as me anymore), and, in the past few months, my husband. I've learnt to cope with not seeing my family and some of my friends on a regular basis - after all I've been doing it for quite some time now! - but being without Phillip for days on end is a new phenomenon, and one which made me quite uncomfortable in the beginning.

But you know what? I think this is a very necessary lesson for me. For while it's glorious to be with him everyday, I've come to realize it's not necessarily the healthiest option. Step-by-step I've started to embrace these times on my own (when he has to go away for a few days for work). Of course I'm not overjoyed when he has to go, but I'm fine on my own. In fact it's nice to just be in my own company. And of course, absence does make the heart grow fonder. I admit, I take him for granted waaaaaaaaaay too much. So it's nice to miss him a bit and rekindle some of that initial desire.

"Marriage is hard work". I've never understood what people meant when they said this, but I'm starting to get a glimpse. Note: "hard work" does not equal "awful". And it also doesn't mean that your marriage won't work fine if you don't put in some work. Instead what I've noticed is that when you put in a bit of extra effort it just elevates it from nice to superb.

To a real connection of souls instead of just two people living together.


1 comments:

__ said...

It's good to see you're still blogging. And I think you're spot on in your comments, madame.

Btw I was hunched up in front of my screen like Scrat inspecting a favourite acorn, trying to read the text on your blog. Consider increasing the font size ;)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux