The Art of Doing Nothing


Well... actually it's not really an art, but the heading sounded cool. Yes, I admit, I have fallen into the trap of tweaking my post-headings in order to sound a little bit more interesting for my imagined audience.

Anyway, where was I? Right - the "ART" of doing absolutely nothing. Usually very cool, but only - and this is a very important proviso - if you are able to choose the location and mode of this nothing-doing. For example - doing nothing (by choice) on a Saturday afternoon at home is pretty damn near to heaven. However, doing nothing (not by choice) at work on a regular Tuesday is a tad further away from the aforementioned ideal. In fact its pretty crappy. Even worse when you actively asked for work and still had zero to do. Worse still when you have to fill in a timesheet detailing the complete lack of productivity that was your day at work.

Yup, that's been my life for the past two days and while not having anything to do at work sounds pretty cool, in reality it sucks...

... like Electrolux!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux