Nutshells and links

Well, I don't have much news of my own to report, nor any profound thoughts, so I thought I'd just do a quick update of my life and then move on to some interesting things I've stumbled upon all over the internet (yes, I've become a slave to del.icio.us)

So, to sum up my life in a nutshell:

  • The Husband is away for business this week (again) . Hopefully his business trips will now become less frequent.
  • I have a horrific cold and feel like crap.
  • I have come up with a plan to tackle our debt and am very excited about it.
  • It's raining and miserable outside.
  • Our flat is no longer in its usual state of chaos ever since we employed a maid (Thanks Yolanda!)
  • I am still deeply in love with The Husband and magazines (in that order, mostly).
Moving on to more interesting things found all over the net:
  • Ridiculous celebrity baby names - seriously, there's something fundamentally wrong when you name your child Jermajesty or Moon Unit
  • Okay, so I've written a lot about nerds, enginerds and geeks. But have you ever wondered where you lie on the geek-scale? Well, luckily for you, there is now a handy chart to determine just how geeky you are. I notice The Husband in multiple descriptions on this chart - is that good or bad? On a related sidenote - watch the genius that is The Big Bang Theory. It's all sorts of brilliant.
  • Chocolate-covered bacon. Some might think it's crazy, I think it's a breakthrough! And while this post is written tongue-in-cheek, I'm seriously considering giving it a try.
  • I know I'm not an expert on the subject, but the stories on this site makes me feel a whole lot better about my computer abilities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux