The NEW Ball & Chain

Yup, so I'm officially a "Missus" and it feels great!

Got back from the holiday part of our honeymoon on Thursday and today marks the last official day of the honeymoon. Uuuurgggh can't wait to get back to work....


I still sometimes can't believe I'm now actually married. It feels a little surreal, especially for the bit that we were on holiday, but now that we're home again (in OUR flat!
!!), it's starting to sink in a bit. And of course the l-o-o-o-o-ng wait in Home Affairs on Friday to change my surname helped with that...

TheHusband has now moved most of his stuff across (well, the stuff he needs on a day-2-day basis anyway), but there are still some odds and ends left at his previous place - I don't know where we're going to find space for it! I've discovered that he has been hoarding a LOT more stuff than I thought. Example: While helping him pack up, I found 4 empty cooldrink bottles. Upon enquiring why this has been kept for so long (about a year), I was informed that he just never got round to exchanging it for money. I ask
you! But in all fairness, I'm quite high up in the hoarding stakes myself, so I guess it is a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black!

And in the spirit of all the award shows that we've had recently, a few Wedding awards:

  • Best part of the run-up to the wedding: The anticipation of the rest of our lives together
  • Worst part of the run-up to the wedding: The squabbles over small meaningless things - yes people, it DOES happen, the stress starts to get to you in those last few weeks
  • Best part of the actual wedding day: The vows - they were incredibly meaningful to me
  • Most fun part of the wedding day: The dancing
  • Most tear-inducing part of the wedding day: Just after walking up the aisle, standing in front of the pastor with my soon-to-be husband, the reality of the moment engulfed me...
  • Funniest part of the wedding day: TheHusband and I were busy talking to some guests, arm in arm, when one of his friends sneaked up from behind and held his hand. TheHusband, thinking itwas MY hand, started stroking it, much to the delight of the table next to us
  • Most surprising result of the day: The hook-up of my gothic cousin with TheHusbands long darkhaired cousin. Apparently they're together 24/7 now
  • Best part of the honeymoon: Well.... use your imagination!



1 comments:

Titania said...

Hey girl, I'm glad things are going so well. J & I attended my cousin's wedding this weekend & the MC said something very true: "People say when you get married you start low & build up on it. That's not true - you're at your best & highest point when you get married, the rest of your marriage is about staying there. Keep it up."

I have to tell you, of the several friends & relatives I've seen get married over the last couple of years, you two alone seem to belong perfectly together :-) Revel in every way your marriage makes your daily life as meaningful as it does!

All the best,
Sandra

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux