Internet Bliss

Aaahhh, it's absolutely wonderful to get all my admin schlep done in the comfort of my own home, with just the click of a few buttons.

Yes, people I've discovered (albeit somewhat belatedly, I'll admit!) the wonders of internet banking and I'm a very happy convert. Well, in my defense, I actually signed up for the service a while ago, but haven't really been able to fully appreciate it yet, since I didn't have internet access in my own home. However, since finally getting rid of my old crappy phone and logging on to the joys of 3G, those days are long gone. Mind you, I discovered to my shock today that my bank, my friend (ABSA) charges me R40 for this pleasure, but quite frankly, not even that knowledge is enough to dampen my mood today.

I have only just arrived back from holiday and, for the time being at least, am in quite a good mood. This good mood can't just be ascribed to the last few lazy days of vegging at home, but also due to the fact that this year I actually received a quite decent bonus from my employer. What a winner! Otherwise I would've been quite screwed at the moment after the effects of holiday travel (the long trek to Durban) and Christmas presents for the family and TheFiancee. And then, of course, being on holiday it just seems much easier to swipe, swipe, swipe away in every other shop.

TheFiancee's cousin reminded us on Saturday that it was only 8 weeks to go until D-Day. Neither of us had actually realised, so that was pretty cool to know. We can now actually answer "next month" when asked when we are tying the knot! Must say the wait is excruciating... But I think the last bit will now go swiftly, what with all the last-minute things to organise (like his wedding ring, the marriage contract, confirmations with florist, DJ, caterer and pastor). Which reminds me, I have to go let my fingers do the walking in the yellow pages for the name of a (cheap, preferably non-dodgy) lawyer who will do the honours.

3 comments:

Phillip said...

Glad to see you're hard at work!! ;)

__ said...

"Preferably non-dodgy" lawyer. Ah, the optimism.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux