Game, Set & Match!


The venue is booked for our wedding! 24th February 2007 is D-day, so watch this space...

This makes it much more real - and it's a great feeling. But a lot to suddenly get used to. I still catch myself referring to my fiance as my boyfriend, but apparently this transition takes time...

Now I'm all excited about booking the rest of the stuff - photographer, DJ etc. Been trawling around websites this morning and there are literally thousands out there! For anyone wanting a lucrative career, anything involving weddings is the perfect solution. It's become a real money-spinner, and what gripes me most is how suppliers try to milk you/your parents for even the most unneccesary detail of the day. Of course, everyone will tell you that this thinga-ma-bob is of crucial importance for the success of your day, when in reality this is the biggest load of junk. Every day I am more flabbergasted by all the expensive tidbits on offer.

Note to self: Keep wedding simple and not only will you save costs, but there is lots less opportunity for anything to go wrong.

WeddingDayCountDown: 7 months & 9 days

2 comments:

Just-ify said...

Piece of advice, invite only the special people in your life. Less is often more.

Although your parents may insist that Tannie Johanna from the Freestate who babysat you for 2 days when you were 4 years old should be there - The reality is that you haven't seen her in 10 years, and although she'll wish you the best, she and her 5 kids are only there for the free food and drink.

And on that note, have you decided on a policy for kids? Remember, R200+ per person type of catering could get rather pricey with brats who only eat two bites of your prize meal ;-)

I say throw the kids in the pot, or tell them to stay at home with tannie Johanna and cartoon network.

But thats only me ;-)

Marisa said...

hmmm yesssss...

although I LOVE kids (as all my friends know) we have decided that there will be no kiddies at the wedding - as you say it pushes the costs up, the kids don't appreciate it anyway and I really do NOT want a screaming toddler running around just when I say "I do"

Screaming friends at the reception, however, are more than welcome... ;-)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Directory by Blog Flux